2016 Distinguished Healthcare Diversity Advocate
The Distinguished Healthcare Diversity Advocate award recognizes individuals of color who have made a difference in the diversity and inclusion realm through their research or achievements, and exemplify the ability to excel in the healthcare field.
- Creates or spearheads innovative diversity initiatives that establish and foster a more inclu- sive and equitable work environment
- Sustains a record of accomplishments or contri- butions to the healthcare industry throughout the scope of his or her career
- Demonstrates active involvement in community outreach programs
- Retains a commendable reputation with col- leagues, superiors, and patients
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence
- Demonstrates a consistent pattern of commitment to the recruitment, training, development, and retention of individuals from all populations
Requirements of Award Winners
Send bio and a photo, which needs to be in 300dpi resolution and in jpeg or gif style, to event coordinator.
Call for Nominations
- A call for nominations is sent out through email blast, and social media networks.
- Individuals nominate award winners online or via email.
- A local awards committee is formed, composed of 3-5 people with diverse backgrounds who research potential award winners.
- They seek input from the State Council Board of Directors and council members.
- Award winners are notified by email of their selection by Dennis Kennedy, Founder and CEO of the National Diversity Council.